Hopefully, you’ve watched the Sunday service (March 29, 2020) together as a family and seen Pastor Conor’s short message on the story of Hosea. If not, go and watch that first ( March 29, 2020 ), and then, as a family, go over these questions! At the bottom you’ll find some awesome activity pages you can print out! If you color them, fill them out, and take a picture of them and send them into us, we’ll post them here next week!!!
Family Discussion Questions for “Hosea, Prophet to Israel”
- How many children did Gomer have? (three, Hosea 1:3-8)
- What did their names mean? (Jezreel would see trouble, God would no longer have compassion on Israel, and God would no longer treat Israel as His people; Hosea 1:3-8)
- Was God going to give up on His people forever? (No, God would punish them but then He would restore them; Hosea 6:1-2)
- How do we know God has stayed faithful to His people? Guide kids to talk about the Bible, God’s Word. Lead them to understand that it tells us of all the ways God restored His people, including sending Jesus to make the ultimate sacrifice for sin.
- What are ways we are unfaithful toward God? Guide kids to talk about our tendency to put other things, like money, fame, or comfort, before God in our lives. We sometimes worship these things as the most important, when God is really most important.
- If God remains faithful to us no matter what, why do you think it’s good to obey God? Help kids think through what it communicates to God and the world when we disobey God. Help kids see that God loves us and wants us to love Him. Explain how God’s mercy, grace, and love toward us awakens our hearts to love Him, and our love for God will naturally lead us to obeying Him.
Tell your kids: God’s love for us never gives up or fades away no matter what we do. It cannot be used up or run out. God is faithful to His people even when they do not love Him. He sent Jesus to save us and the Holy Spirit to help us obey. (I encourage you to finish by taking prayer requests and allowing your kids to complete the Bible story coloring page / activity page provided with this session. Then finish by praying together as a family.)
Welcome to The Alpine Chapel’s Children’s Ministry. We have the privilege of ministering to your children up to the 3rd grade. Our vision is to enable them to always be ready to give a defense in a world where false views and philosophies are standing against the inerrancy of God’s infallible Word (1 Peter 3:15). Our goal is to provide a place where your children can learn, develop, and stand firmly in their own faith. Our hope is that they will not only believe that God’s Word is true, but also comprehend the great love He has for them.
Through the careful study of the Scriptures, your children’s faith will be strengthened. We desire that they will develop a loving relationship with God and be able to trust and stand firmly on His Word. We pray that through the years, your children will become a part of a generation of believers who stand firmly on God’s truth and live their lives in a way that pleases Him.
When We Meet:
Sundays, after the singing time, during our main service which starts at 10:00am.
If it’s your first time with us, we will ask you for some information, including a cell # where you can be reached during the service. If, for any reason, you need to be contacted, we will simply text your cell*.
*(please place your cell phones on vibrate so there is minimal disturbance)
About Our Programs:
On Sundays, teachers go through age-appropriate Bible lessons and activities geared toward enhancing your child’s understanding of and relationship with the Lord. These services are for children up to the 3rd grade.
Contact | Pastor Conor & Diana at Conor@thealpinechapel.com